Good morning, friends, and happy Monday! If you're visiting the blog for the first time, I'm happy that you're here! Make sure to subscribe, so you can get all of the new blog posts sent straight to your inbox. If you're on a computer, the subscribe tool will be on the right side of your screen, but if you're on your cell phone it will be located on the bottom of the page.
I hope that you all had a great weekend! My weekend started off with a pizza and wine/champagne night with three of my best friends, Meg, Taylor, and Lisa, to celebrate Lisa's engagement. It was a fun night of celebrating and catching up while we sipped on champagne and munched on pizza and the salad that I had brought over!
This recipe is from Once Upon A Chef and it was super easy to make and so was the delicious dressing that went with it! For the salad I used:
- 1 large head of romaine, washed, dried, & cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- Handful of grape tomatoes, halved
- Handful of pitted olives (I subbed red onions for these)
- Feta cheese, crumbled to taste
Once you have all of your ingredients chopped up, go ahead and throw them in a bowl together. Now onto the dressing, which I'm 99.9% sure will become your favorite dressing after the first taste! The ingredients you'll need are:
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 10 big leaves fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 3/4 extra virgin olive oil (Trader Joe's brand, again)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
Throw all of the ingredients in a food processor (I used my Vitamix) to blend. Once you're done that, you'll have something that looks like this...
With all of the basil and parsley in there, the dressing turns out to be pretty green! Don't be scared off though, I promise it's super delicious - much better than a store bought balsamic dressing! If you're going to be bringing it to a BBQ or to a friend's house, throw it in a mason jar like I did for easy and mess-free travel.
I hope that you guys will try out this recipe! If you do, let me know how it goes in the comments :)
Catch ya tomorrow!