Hey there, friends! How's your Wednesday going so far? I'm typing this up on Tuesday night around 7:30 - I know, I'm cutting it pretty close to The Voice. Who else out there is a fan of The Voice? I always start off watching Dancing With The Stars and then totally cheat on it with The Voice and never turn back. Sorry, DWTS. Maybe if the mean TV people didn't put DWTS and The Voice on the same nights and times... ;P
Pumpkin Pecan Granola Recipe
I'm stopping by to share the most delicious granola recipe that is perfect for Fall. Anyone out there wanting to eat all of the pumpkin things now that Fall has rolled around? Yeah, me too. This granola literally tastes like pumpkin pie, which means you technically can eat pumpkin pie for breakfast... need I say more?
Oh, and did I mention that this granola is extremely easy and quick? Annnnd I bet you that it's a lot healthier than the granola you can buy pre-made at the store, with only 6 grams of sugar per serving (1 serving = 1/4 cup). Yes, friends, I'm pretty much giving you the all-star granola recipe. I found this gem of a recipe over at the Minimalist Baker's blog and just modified it a bit. Make sure to check her out! Alright, friends, let's dive into this recipe!
The ingredients you'll need are:
3 cups rolled oats (gluten free for GF eaters)
1 1/4 cups raw pecans
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (olive oil will also work)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
Once you've rounded up all of your ingredients...
The steps you'll need to take are:
1. Preheat your oven to 340 degrees.
2. Mix the oats, pecans, spices, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree and whisk for about 2-3 minutes, or until well-combined.
4. Pour over the dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon (spoiler alert: this is an arm workout, haha).
5. Spread the mixture evenly onto two baking sheets (put parchment paper down for easy clean up). and bake for 25 minutes, stirring a bit near the halfway point. If you prefer chunkier granola like me, don't stir as it breaks up the clusters. You'll just want to rotate the pan at the halfway point.
6. Once the granola is golden brown, remove from the oven and let it cool completely. It'll crisp up as it cools.
7. Once it's cooled, transfer it to an airtight container. It should keep for a few weeks.
Guys, fair warning: your family, friends, and probably even strangers are going to want to steal this granola from you (am I being dramatic?). Yep, it's that good - my family loves it! It's great on top of yogurt, with a bit of milk, or even by itself as a snack. I'm tellin' ya, any way you eat it, it's going to be yummy! It might even be good on top of some vanilla ice cream...
This granola would also make a great gift. Package it up in a mason jar or another cute storage container and bring it as a gift for the hostess at the next Fall party you go to, or give it to your kids' teachers as a Halloween treat! You could also just package some up and give some to one of your friends just because. Sometimes it's nice to do some gift giving for no reason, right? Right. :)
Alrighty, guys, it's time for me to sign off. Thank you so much for reading today's post, it means so much. If you try out this recipe I'd love to hear how you like it! Reach out to me in the comments, over on Instagram, or on Facebook. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can click the little mail button to the right of your screen to easily email me if you're on your laptop, or it'll be located at the bottom on your mobile browser.
Catch ya on Friday!
DON'T FORGET YOU CAN CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO MARCO'S BEAT THE BEETUS TEAM TO RAISE MONEY FOR TYPE 1 DIABETES RESEARCH. IF YOU MISSED MY POST ABOUT THIS IMPORTANT CAUSE AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT MARCO'S STORY AND T1D JOURNEY, CLICK HERE.
*Some products in this post are affiliate links. This means I receive a small percentage if you choose to purchase through the link. I appreciate you supporting my blog!